The Zobor Deed from issued by King Coloman confirming old land tenures of the Benedictine order on the territory of western and eastern Slovakia. Credit: The Monuments Board of the Slovak Republic
Zobor monument was designed by Julius Berczik ( Berczik Gyula), who was the author of all seven pillars of the Millennium. For its construction were used 344 granite blocks, which came up from Transylvania and come down to Nitra by rail. Column created four eagles, which were carved from Carrara marble. The monument began building April 13, 1896 , and ceremoniously unveiled it on August 30 the same year.