Last updated 1 year ago
CCCP. Monument to the 300 Aragvians, near the battle place at the current Krtsanisi neighbourhood, on the right embankment of the river Mtkvari, in Zhinvali, Georgia. The Three Hundred Aragvians is the name by which the Georgian historiography refers to a detachment of 300 brave Georgian soldiers from the Aragvi Valley who fought the last stand at the battle of Krtsanisi, defending Tbilisi against the invading Qajar army in 1795. The monument was designed by the architect A. Bakradze in 1959.