Malacka (Slovak: Malacky) was settled by Jews about 1730s. By 1870, it became the rabbinate with 16 settlements. The population of 97 Jews in 1828 grew to 345 by 1900. 3/27-28/1942, few dozen men were deported to Majdanek via Novaky Camp, and 45 girls were deported to Auschwitz via Patronka. After the Germans arrived in 9/1944, a few Jews were hidden by Slovaks, but most were deported to Auschwitz.