HOMEMADE GAZPACHO - my version of the famous Spanish soup, it’s definitely the perfect summer treat
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
• 2 large, ripe heirloom tomatoes, chopped
• 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 hot chili pepper, chopped - optional
• 1 slice of fresh bread, I used sourdough
• A handful of fresh basil
• A handful of chives (can be subbed for 1/2 onion or 2 scallions)
• 3 to 4 glugs of olive oil
• A big pinch of salt
Ice and croutons or fresh bread for serving
• Blend the tomatoes, cucumber, chili pepper, bell pepper, garlic, basil, bread, chives, salt and olive oil until smooth.
• Strain the soup using a mesh strainer and serve over a handful of ice cubes for a chilly summer treat.
• *You can let the mixture marinate before or after blending for a few hours in the fridge, for a deeper flavor, but honestly, it’s okay if you don’t have time for that :)