The Franciscan church consecrated to the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary is the oldest preserved sacral building in Bratislava. it was built by the King of Hungary Ladislav IV Kumánsky in honour of the victory over the King Přemysl Otakar II of Bohemia in the famous battle at the Marchfeld in 1278.
Eurovea. New shopping and cultural hub just few steps from the Old Town, located at the Danube riverbank in former industrial and harbour area. Great views to the greenery over the river and main landmarks of Bratislava.
Primatial Square (Primacialne namestie). One of Bratislava's most beautiful squares, which is ruled by the "king" of Bratislava's palaces, is part of this area of the Old Town. It was built between 1778 and 1781 on the site of an old Archbishop palace.
Hlavne namestie (Main square). Throughout Bratislava's history it was the main market place, an area for public gatherings, welcoming ceremonies to sovereigns and other renowned personalities. The Main Square continues to lure visitors to have a rest near a Renaissance-style fountain, on a bench with the statue of a French soldier or under a sun umbrella in one of local cafés.